Dr. Chris Cavacuiti
Academic/Professional degrees: BA, MD, CCFP, MHSc, (C)ASAM, FCFP, (D)ABAM, CCSAM, DFASAM
Dr. Chris Cavacuiti has an extensive background in addiction medicine and inner city health. Before founding the TrueNorth Medical Centres in 2013, he worked as a staff physician at St. Michael’s Hospital, the Casey House Aids Hospice and the Seaton House homeless shelter. His clinical, research and advocacy work focuses on addiction medicine, LGBT issues, HIV/AIDS, and Immigrant/Refugee Health.
Dr. Chris Cavacuiti is also on the teaching and research faculty of the Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Cavacuiti has received his Focused Practice Designation in Addiction Medicine.
He was the lead editor of the 2012 American Society of Addiction Medicine textbook entitled Principles of Addiction Medicine: The Essentials.
2013 Role Modeling Clinical Excellence Award
DFCM. Post Graduate Education Program Award
2008 Teaching in Family Medicine Clerkship Award
DFCM. University of Toronto.
2001 Department of Family and Community Medicine Undergraduate Education Program Teaching Award.
Faculty of Medicine. University of Toronto.
- Opioid use disorder patients’ perceptions of healthcare delivery platforms
- You, me...and drugs--a love triangle: important considerations when both members of a couple are abusing substances.
- The use of electronic medical records for homeless outreach.
- Managing opioid dependence. Comparing buprenorphine with methadone.
- Gay abuse screening protocol (GASP): Screening for
abuse in gay male relationships.